How to make an amazing burger AND the bun at home! Two recipes and a video for all you lovely people today. So, every restaurant, including McDonald's is shut... just how do you get your Cheese-burger fix. Simple, follow our recipe links below, and you can make the ultimate burger bun, and fill it with the best grass-fed, British Beef burger - all you need is some cheese and few relishes! Barbeque anybody? Enjoy!
Makes 6 decent sized burgers.
Ingredients - for the beef burger
500g Grass-fed, minced beef
10 x Jacobs crackers
Green herb (Parsley) - A handful
1 x Fresh egg
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Chilli flakes - a small pinch
Salt and pepper
Method - for the beef burger
- Place the Jacobs Crackers in the bowl of a food processor with the green herb. Blitz to a fine crumb.
Place the minced beef in a large mixing bowl. Pour over the cracker mixture from the food processor. Add the mustard, egg, chilli flakes and salt and pepper.
- Mix with your hands until all the ingredients are combined into a smooth paste. Still in the mixing bowl, break the meat up into 6 equal-sized pieces.
- Using your hands shape each piece into a burger shape and place onto a lightly oiled plate or tray. Cover with clingfilm (food wrap) and place in the fridge to set up for about 30-minutes before cooking.
- The burgers can be fried, barbecued or grilled. We cook ours in the top oven of the Aga (about 220℃ or 428℉) for about 4 minutes on one side and then flip over and do about 3 minutes on the other.
- Regardless of cooking method, place the cheese on top of the burger for the last minute or so of cooking.
- Place in a slightly warmed burger bun (see our Ultimate burger bun recipe) along with other dressings and burger toppings.
- Enjoy the best burger you’ll ever have tasted!
Some more recipes for you to enjoy
Ingredients - for the burger bun
Strong white flour 450g
Osmo-tolerant yeast 10g
Caster sugar 35g
Butter (unsalted,cubed) 75g
and a bowl of sesame seeds to top the buns
Method - for the burger bun
- Place the flour, yeast, salt and sugar in the bowl of the stand mixer. Mix to combine. Pour in the water.
Mix on a slow speed with a dough hook until the mixture comes together. Then increase to a medium-fast speed for 7-minutes. Add about a quarter of the cubes of butter and continue to mix on a medium-fast speed for about 1-minute or until the butter is absorbed. Add the remaining butter in batches over the next 4-5 minutes and continue to mix/knead until all the butter has been absorbed.
- Turn the dough out, using a scraper if required, onto a lightly oiled surface and shape into a ball. Place the ball into a lightly oiled bowl and leave to rise covered in cling film (food wrap) for about 1.5-hours by which time it should have doubled in size.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and split into 8 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a tight ball. Spray the top of each ball with water and roll in the sesame seeds to coat. Place the coated bun in a small tart case or directly onto a baking tray. Cover with a linen cloth and leave to rise for 1 - 1.5 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200℃ (392℉) for at least 30mins before baking.
- Put the tray of buns in the oven and immediately spray water inside liberally with a spray bottle to create steam.
- Quickly shut the door and turn the oven down to 180℃ (356℉). Set your timer for 16 minutes.
- Once the 16 mins have passed, take the buns out of the oven and place on a rack to cool. After about an hour of cooling, slice open the buns and add your burger and dressings. Enjoy the best burger bun you’ll ever have tasted!
Download the recipe as a PDF.
You must log in to post a comment.