The World's BEST Banana Bread! Dark, delicious and moist, rich with spice and banana flavours, we think this is the best Banana Bread we’ve ever tasted… but we are, of course, biased! Please follow along with the video on Youtube and download the recipe, you won’t be disappointed!
Plain white flour 280g
Soft brown sugar 270g
Bananas - mashed 200g
Free-range eggs 2
Baking powder 1 tsp
Bicarbonate of soda 1 tsp
Ground cinnamon 1 tsp
Ground ginger 1 tsp
Butter - melted 140g
Walnuts - chopped 75g
Some more recipes for you to enjoy
- Preheat the oven to 180℃ (356℉)
- Place the butter in a small saucepan and place over a low heat, stirring occasionally until it has all melted. Leave in a warm place until needed.
- Grease the inside of a standard loaf tin with some butter. Add in some flour and shake to distribute this around the tin until all of the insides are coated. Put the tin in the fridge until ready to bake.
- Place the sugar and eggs in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat, on a medium speed, using a silicone K-beater until all combined.
- Mash up the bananas with a fork and, with the stand mixer still running on a slow speed, add to the bowl and mix until combined.
- In a clean bowl, weigh out the flour, no need to sieve. Add the bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, ground cinnamon and ground ginger and stir to combine.
- With the stand mixer still running, add the flour mixture a little at a time until it is all incorporated.
- Pour in the melted butter whilst continuing to mix on a slow speed.
- Finally, coarsely chop the walnuts and add these into the bowl of the stand mixer, beating slowly until all combined.
- Using a spatula scrape the completed loaf mixture into the loaf tin you prepared earlier.
- Place the filled loaf-tin on the centre of the preheated oven and immediately turn the temperature down to 160℃ (320℉). Bake for 60 minutes.
- After 1 hour remove the loaf from the oven and turn out onto a cooling rack for an hour to cool. Slice thickly and serve with some butter. Done - world’s best banana bread!
Download the recipe as a PDF.
Banana bread recipe×
You must log in to post a comment.